Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bed rest



The last few weeks have been crazy. It started with just a lot of strong Braxton hicks and other details you don't want to hear about starting at about 29 weeks... Then come to find out I was at risk for preterm labor. You probably don't really wanna read about my cervix ;) but needless to say, my body was gearing up for delivery way too early... So I got medicine to stop the contractions, steroids for baby's lungs, and started my lovely bedrest. And the anxiety commenced. But things only escalated until I was full on getting contractions every night. Finally succumbed and went to labor and delivery one night after having given the medicine 2 hours to stop the contractions and it failing me, only to find out I was having full blown labor contractions (only 33 weeks at this point) and the contractions were coming every 3-5 minutes. They were able to stop the contractions with 3 shots but I just kept thinking... How long does this last? Am I going to go into labor tomorrow night too?
Then the news that I had a kidney infection and it was so awful I must have had it for quite some time. Which made sense because I had pretty much been feeling like crap for quite some time... but it was also GREAT! A cause- an answer! A possible fix to all this madness!
Two rounds of injected antibiotics and then a week of oral antibiotics and my contractions have all but gone. Have to stay on bedrest because they're nervous the baby will still come early since my body is seemingly ready to go but I hope I'll make it all the way now that the real culprit has been taken care of. 6 more weeks and I'll have a son. I don't even know how to wrap my head around that. I'd say I can't wait but I don't want to give him any ideas ;)
Xx
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment