Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ombre. Not hombre the hispanic man down the street.

So I am considering ombre hair. Call me fickle if you want but I just really like change. Dont know what ombre hair is? I like her examples found via google:

http://stephaniejays.blogspot.com/2011/01/style-envy-ombre-hair.html

I am loving sjp's ombre there. Did it sounds like I was speaking in tongue? Sarah jessica parker's 2 tone hair. :) Her root color is very close to my natural hair color and the ends seem almost like they just came from the sun. I really cant decide. Bad dye job? roots grown out? or super pretty way to have low maintenance hair??

Well in my research I found a blog... its possible I am obsessed. But not in a creepy scary kind of way... in that flattering "wow I want to look just like you!" kind of way. promise ;)

http://www.llymlrs.com/

She is from the UK obviously (her accent....). I love her ombre hair... not as dramatic as drew barrymore's... wow drew's is getting a little skunky. Its subtle. Which is how I feel about her clothing. Not skanky, not over the top, not super high fashion and therefore unaffordable. Just stylish and different. subtle. I am feeling inspired. I want to go take all my clothes apart and re sew them. I want to ombre my hair (can I use it as a verb? oh well I just did). and I want to finally find out where I am living this summer. New york you sure are a tease.

In case you didnt know- chris quite possibly has an internship with johnson and johnson this summer in NYC. BUT they havent gotten back to him with that ever so imperative final YES yet. And it all feels so uncertain. I am looking for an apartment but how can I really do that when I dont really have a yes and I certainly dont have real dates.

Wanna hear the funniest part? I already have someone lined up to live in my apartment in provo for the summer. So we are homeless come the end of april. It sounds a lot more scary when I say it like that. homeless. But really we will be in england for some time and then new york or vegas and it will all be ok. We wont starve or take to the streets. I will find a home for my soon to be 1 year old daughter (may 6!!!). Who PS is going to have lots of teeth soon. She has 3 and 3 more coming in. And she stands on her own so maybe she will be walking soon?? you never know about that stuff tho. could be months. could be tomorrow. Ok no one is reading this anymore. You (if you were being kind) likely read the first paragraph, got bored and promptly found another blog.

I cant help it if once I finally sit down to blog I realize I have way too much to say.

well I could probably help it by blogging more often. but.... the bachelor was on last night. thats all i've got.

So should I ombre my hair (there I go pretending its a verb again)? or continue with my highlighting in hopes that my soon to be spring weather tan will make me glad to have it all blonde?

Do you believe I could ever really get tan? I am losing faith.

Your opinion matters. Maybe not to your local congressman but certainly to me.

xoxo katie taylor

4 comments:

  1. Fact: you'll look great no matter what you decide to do.
    That being said, I think, keep the highlights for the warm weather and start growing it out towards the end of July. You'll have ombre hair by the time Fall hits. Maybe speed up the process with some low-lights.

    You've got some crazy times ahead! NYC, England, moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a girl in my DH program with this ombre hair. I think it looks great. I think you should go for it! You will get tan and if you don't, who cares, you have beautiful skin just the way it is!

    I hope you get to go to NYC! That would be such a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember last summer when we had grand plans to lay out a million different times, and somehow ended the summer possibly whiter than we began....yeah....maybe we'll do better this year...?
    Except I don't know how conducive Seattle is to tanning...
    You should ombre your hair for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say go for it. I like your hair how it is now, but I think the ombre look is so pretty when it's subtle. I'm not sure how hard it is to accomplish the fade from dark to light? Anyways, my thinking is, you don't know how long this look is going to be in, it's already been cool for a while. By next year it could be out, so strike while the iron is hot. I would have done it myself but unfortunately I do have a few stray gray hairs (I am almost 30 so look forward to that soon) so it would be more work for me, not less. Good luck if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete