Friday, January 7, 2011

8 months

My baby is 2/3 of a YEAR old? WHAT?!

Its a strange feeling. 8 months is the amount of time I was aware I was pregnant. That seemed to go on for years. But it feels like these last 8 months have flown by in record time. Here's what bot brain has been up to lately:

She can stand up against furniture. She'll crawl over to the couch and smile at you until you pull her into your lap. Little charmer.

She can take a bottle!!! yay!! She will take formula or water, but still doesnt like juice. Funny kid.

She is SUPER ticklish in her armpits- like cant breath, its too much to take ticklish.

She loves to be growled at or surprised.

She will do eskimo kisses if no one is watching and she is feeling lovey.

Her nicknames range from lolli to Lo to L to Lo-Lie to smiley cyrus. :) last one is just for mommy.

If you sit on the floor she will crawl all over you- climb you like a mountain.

She loves playing with other kids and doesnt mind being poked at or trampled haha.

She loves to eat tortillas with cheese melted on top all ripped up, steamed peas and carrots, and rice cereal with nutmeg, cinnamon, or garham masala. I have even given her rice cereal with curry powder and she pounded it. Must be all the indian food I ate when I was pregnant. ;) A bunch of the books I've read say the earlier you introduce odd flavors, the more likely your child is to accept them. I guess we'll see how long it lasts.

We are still using cloth diapers and still loving them. She hasnt had a leak or an ounce of diaper rash since we got them regardless of getting 2 teeth and throwing up sick. I surprise even myself sometimes with how much I love them. I really didnt expect to. But they are so cute and easy and work so well for her. We have even used them while we traveled and had no issue. If there is a washer and dryer, they will come with us wherever we go.
Happy 2/3 birthday sweetheart! You are the joy of my life. You are so much fun to hang out with and you make me laugh harder than anyone! Thanks for being so happy all the time!!

video

1 comment:

  1. we call the "climb all over you like a mountain" the "mommy jungle gym"
    Brooklyn still does it, though it's not as fun when she's 25 pounds and you're 7 1/2 months pregnant!

    ReplyDelete