Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moroccan Chicken



My sis-in-law Dixie gave me the fabulous idea of trying moroccan food. I decided to try something very safe (and probably not all that authentic haha) first so this is definitely a beginner dish. I changed the recipe just a little... used chicken breast since thats what we had. And I am not a huge fan of roasted potatoes... so I made mash. Chris liked it so I think next time we will get a little more adventurous.

INGREDIENTS
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
8 chicken drumsticks (1 3/4 pounds)
1 one-pound package oven fries (wedge shaped cut potatoes; preferably Alexa brand)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle. Line a large (4 sided) baking sheet with foil and oil foil.
Mix together spices with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then whisk in oil. Add chicken and coat well with mixture. Arrange on baking sheet with potatoes in a single layer.
Roast until chicken and potatoes are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I think you should come and live with me for a while. We would be unstoppable in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete