Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday...

It is Sunday, and while I always seem to have time on sundays now that chris is never here- we usually don't have internet. We thought this was due to there being no wifi near by but it turns out our computers are just crap. Ben is here and his HP has given me the freedom to write in my public journal. Happy day.
So Long story short Ben is Chris' cousin and he's living with us for a bit. It is super fun to have someone around and chris is enjoying hanging out with his cousin. Ben has a super strict diet and feels really sick if he doesn't go by it so i have been learning to cook some new things. We eat veggies almost every night, dont eat pasta at all. Its making US more healthy!
I got a calling today! I am first counselor in the primary presidency!!! Since our ward doesn't really have a primary its completely focused on the nursery which is just about the greatest thing ever!!! I subbed today and had so much fun. It may help with the baby hungryness... or it could make it even worse. The latter is more likely.
Speaking of babies.... I am having surgery on wednesday. My endometriosis has gotten out of hand and is so painful. So I am having a laparscopy with fulgaration and chromotubation. Bascially they make 3 small incisions, burn all the endometriosis and lesions on my uterus and then shoot dye though my falopian tubes and everything to make sure its all clear. It is supposed to increase my chances of being able to get pregnant (having endometriosis makes it very difficult) which is great news. All and all i just feel really blessed to have been put into this situation. When I first moved to provo I had a choice between 2 jobs and one paid more and had better benefits but i had such a strong feeling to take the other job. Working in the OBGYN office that I am now has been such a benefit. The dr I am working for is doing the surgery and is writing off his entire cost, I wouldn't have gotten this figured out for at least a few years if I hadn't had such close participation in helping others do it. Sometimes the lords way isn't convenient, but it is always the BEST way. Like my husband spending 6-8 hours at church on sunday, not convenient but it has already been such a blessing.My husband just said "hey pay attention to me and watch a movie" so i better go... haha.

3 comments:

  1. Katie!! Glad to hear everything went well! And even more glad to hear what the best remedy to the problem is:) I hope you recover quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie i didnt know you had endometriosis... oooh so sorry ;( amazing what they can do about that now adays tho. hope your surgery went well that it did the trick (wink, wink)

    congrats on your calling... you'll be YW pres very soon i'm sure & then RS pres shortly after

    ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive found that nursery is not a birth control, i like cant wait to see my 13 nursery kids every sunday. i love them all!!! and im so happy that they are figuring out your endomeriosis stuff, girls bodies are way to complex!! ugh.

    ReplyDelete