Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Starting a blog...

I thought I was pretty good with computers... I have worked with them in just about every job I have ever had (apart from when i was a lifeguard... that didn't even require being alive) so i thought starting a blog would be fairly simple... and it is! If you want it to be super generic and lame... But looking at my friends blogs I thought... where the heck do they get all the cute backgrounds? How do they get that slideshow of pictures? Why the heck does my start up blog suck so much?! But I am getting inspired. I am at the BYU computer lab and the person next to me has been charitable enough to inform me that "its actually really easy. I can do it in 10 seconds." Hmm... well charity aside, I am feeling pretty stupid. But i am trying! I have lost interest in facebook and have decided to try another route. The only wedding pictures that are up were posted on facebook by my husband and i have no bridals, new pictures, or pictures of austrailia up. Be patient with me... I promise it is to come!

I am going to do a quick update and good news minute! Like in relief society! Cheese!!

1. I miss my family... in england and america and austrailia... i miss all my pretty nieces and I am thinking that being pregnant wouldn't be a bad idea... in theory.
2. My friend Brittany just got engaged and I am so excited for her! She is getting married May 9th and is going to blow us all away with her creativity! I can't wait to see her reception in Martha Stewarts wedding Magazine!
3. Chris and I are gospel doctrine teachers and LOVE it. It makes me shake every sunday but Chris always gets the job done.
4. I LOVE INDIAN FOOD. I love the taste and the textures and how healthy it is and pretty much everything about it. My mom and dad, Evita and David, gave my a recipe book for christmas with all different kinds of curries and I am going crazy! I love how my husband's cultural differences broaden my horizons and helps me to find more and more things that I love.
5. My name is changed in every possible place it could be... lisence, passport, social security number, car insurance, health insurance, bank... etc. I AM A MANN.

6 comments:

  1. cute blog! nice of you to join the band wagon!! you guys are gospel doctrine teachers? i would get WAY nervous..i only play piano in primary and i even get nervous for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Katie. I have started a blog last year, but don't have time to do anything with it. Great to read your first entry. Love you and miss you - Mum (from England - of course you knew that by the different spelling)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea... youve officially grown up now that you have a blog! so fun to hear how happy you are. it comes through LOUD & CLEAR! kudos on the gospel doctrine class...thats kinda major! keep up the blogging as it's the best way to keep in touch & up to date on the happenings in all our very busy lives!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie I'm so glad you are so happy! I'm jealous of your little married life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I am totally freakin excited that you have a blog now! We can totally be blog buddies! O and ps i need your email address that you use to blog so you can see our blog once we go private! i love you best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a blog, this is great news! And your blog IS cute! If you ever begin to doubt that, go and take a gander at my blog and you're 'blog self-esteem' will increase immensely! Glad to hear that y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete